Monday, November 29, 2010

the telling of stories

Luke loves to tell stories. Stories about things he draws. Stories about things he builds. Stories about things he hooks up. But, right now, he loves to talk and tell stories about Jackson and Nathan. These are friends of his that are pretend. He knows they are pretend and he will tell you so. He doesn't play with them. He just tells us about things they do or will do or hope to do...stories. It is fascinating because most of the stories seem to coincide with what we, or Luke, is doing, wants to do or has done. I love this story telling and imagination. I don't have it at all so I'm glad he does!

Claire loves to participate in his stories! But what she really loves is to act things out. She is dramatic! She tries to tell us stories too, but right now we don't understand them much. She will act it out and do sound effects. I love how she tells stories too because I'm not into acting things out either! Right now her favorite thing to do is "fall dead". She is very good at it too!

I love my kids for their imaginations!

No comments:

Post a Comment